• Electrical Engineering
• AutoCAD 2D
• Wiring and security systems experience
• SolidWorks design experience
• Security Clearance
- Salary: £30,000 - £36,000
- Location: North East, Gateshead
CADagency is delighted to be working with a specialist security systems consultancy. Due to on-going high demand they are looking to take on an Electrical CAD Technician to work as part of their Projects and Engineering group. For this role, you will be creating detailed wiring diagrams and overlays from Project Managers sketches, drawings and ideas for high security settings. This role will be office based in Gateshead.
You will need knowledge of Electrical 2D and 3D CAD packages and any SolidWorks experience is preferred.
Due to the high security nature of this role, you will need to pass Security Clearance.
On a daily basis you will be working to develop detailed Electrical design drawings and specifications for communications systems as well as designing equipment rack wiring & cable routing for Data and Power. You will be working closely with the design team to deliver drawings for Earthing and Surge Protection.
Other tasks will include
- Produce wiring diagrams for RF/Coaxial systems under guidance from Project Managers/System Engineers
- Industrial Control Panel wiring including specification and use/design of associated circuits (MCBs, Relays, timers, Contactors etc)
- Coordinate with other team members to design, layout, and detail systems to customer or project specific specifications
- Work within the project team to help review and analyse customer power specifications
- Design Wiring diagrams and Wire Run Lists for a broad range of equipment interconnects
- Work with the mechanical design team to understand and be able to independently consider mechanical and environmental factors along the proposed cable routes or within equipment
cabinets and suggest appropriate designs to meet individual situations
- Create/Generate Bills of Materials for associated designs
- Work with the Purchasing Team to ensure correct placement of BoM purchase orders to design output
- Revise drawings and Red-Line markups appropriately to support customer document delivery
- Create and organise blocks, parts and specific details for 2D/3D drawing libraries.