• Modular Buildings
• AutoCAD 2D
• Degree or HND/HNC level, ideally structural, civil or architectural background
• Have experience working within a design role in a construction business
• Knowledge of Building Regulations, HTM’s, HBN’s, BB’s
- Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
- Location: North East, Hull
CADagency is delighted to be working with a leading modular building business. The company has been established for almost ten years and currently employs almost 100 members for staff. Offering a full design and installation service they have become the installer of choice for Portakabin and several other large businesses.
There is currently a requirement for a Project Design Manager, you will be responsible for executing the design in accordance with the project’s design deliverables, programme and contract proposals, directing and coordinating external design consultants. You will also be the primary technical contact for the project, liaising with the Contracts Manager, QS, building services and operations departments within the project team. As the Project Design Manager, you will also support the Contracts Manager in dealing with the client team on design related issues.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Interface design and attend design workshop meetings
- Liaise with senior management, architects design teams, client reps, engineers and technicians as well as face to face client representation
- Rectify design issues with architects prior to work commencing and during the construction programme
- Be involved with project specific design issues, proposing practicable and buildable solutions
- Attend pre-construction and design development meetings
- Liaise closely with site based project teams
- Value engineering to consider and develop the best options available
- Advise on cost effectiveness of alternative strategies and and methods of construction
- Manage compliance checks against specification and client requirements
- Manage design output to agreed programmes and ensure the flow of work is maintained
- Provide primary design oversight across multiple projects, including co-ordination with Construction and Project Operation delivery Team/Managers, to facilitate the timely completion of design information to meet internal and external design programme targets
- Liaise with the Commercial and Operations departments regarding the selection and assessment of Subcontractors to ensure they are competent, qualified and capable of providing the design input required for the project
- Manage allocated resources within projects and work to project design programmes and deliverables
- Ensure Design Risk Assessments are created and appropriately maintained for each project in a timely manner and CDM requirements
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Excellent Communication skills
Skills and experience:
- Qualified to Degree or HND/HNC level, ideally structural, civil or architectural background or engineering/construction discipline
- Proficient in AutoCAD detailing, Revit Modelling and a good understanding of MS Office/Outlook
- Have experience working within a design role in a construction business
- Knowledge of Building Regulations, HTM’s, HBN’s, BB’s etc..
- Have experience of managing members of a design team, including the allocation and monitoring of design workload, as well as overseeing individuals’ personal development.
- Construction experience, Offsite preferred
Our client does not discriminate against its employees on the basis of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender identity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, pregnancy, disability or age.
Our client encourage diversity amongst their workforce. Their aim is that employees will be truly representative of all sections of society and each person feels respected and able to give their best.
Their policies set out their approach to equal opportunities and the avoidance of discrimination at work