• AutoCAD 2D
• Exhibition / Trade Show specific design experience
• Excellent communication skills across all levels
- Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
- Location: South West, Bristol
CADagency is delighted to be working with a Bristol based event production company with 20 years’ experience and expertise in delivering unforgettable live events, creative conferences, brand activations and bespoke exhibition stands. They invest in the latest cutting-edge equipment and are proud to boast a team of dedicated event professionals. Working alongside some of the world’s biggest brands across multiple industries, their driving ambition is to provide flawless event management for our clients, from concept to completion.
Due to on-going high demand our client is looking for a highly technical and motivated individual with professional conference exhibition & event design experience. For this role you will be expected to have excellent skills with AutoCAD or Vector Works. Experience with Inventor or similar 3D software would be beneficial. This is a fantastic opportunity to become an integral part of a close-knit team, in a reputable company within the live events industry.
On a daily basis you will undertake the following tasks
- Liaise with Production Managers, clients & technicians to detail a brief and determine the key criteria for the design/build of exhibition stands and scenery. Make recommendations on materials and finish, taking into account cost, time, feasibility and any possible design implications
- Creating detailed and accurate build instructions and elevations for bespoke exhibition stands & conference scenery
- Working to produce comprehensive technical drawings for clients, Production Managers and Scenic Carpenters
- Drafting for CNC: to produce drawings suitable for 3-axis CNC routing, with an understanding of the constraints of this type of manufacture
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of drawings to comply with project requirements
- Oversee, and provide support & training to, a Junior CAD Technician
- Ability to read engineers’ structural drawings and / or notes