• Design Engineering
• PTC Creo
• 4 years’ experience of working on multidisciplinary projects
• First-hand experience executing Mechanical Engineering tasks
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
- Location: Midlands, Leicester
CADagency is pleased to be working with an award winning product design, medical device and automotive design, ergonomics, and capital goods development company.
Our client is seeking an experienced design engineer to join its team. Projects range from medical and scientific through automotive and motorcycles to general consumer products.
If you are innovative and inventive, have an engineering qualification at degree level, an appreciation of the aesthetic and a competency in ProE, please get in touch.
As a member of the design engineering team your role will focus on the design and development of the next generation of products in a host of interesting sectors.
You will solve challenging problems, use maths and science to provide innovative solutions and you’ll work with a team of talented and dedicated designers engineers and industrial designers.
- Design – produce and develop designs for all manner of interesting projects.
- Drafting – produce high definition CAD data for manufacture and resolve manufacturing issues during production.
- Specifications – undertake the writing of detailed technical specifications.
- Budget and timescales – complete projects within budget and time constraints
- Documentation – keep CE records, produce product support documentation, assembly instructions, operator manuals, maintenance and troubleshooting manuals.
You will possess the following qualifications, experience and personal traits:
- A degree in mechanical design engineering with at least 4 years’ experience of working on multidisciplinary projects, and with first-hand experience executing Mechanical Engineering tasks.
- An organized and analytical mind-set, with an eye for detail, balanced by a creative ‘outside the box’ attitude to problem solving. Highly motivated to use one’s own initiative.
- Proven skills and experience in commercial design packages preferably Pro Engineer including surfacing, Solidworks and analysis packages. Experienced in the use of Pro Mechanica would also be an advantage
- Committed to delivering projects within budget and to agreed timescales
- Comfortable in dealing with commercial and technical contacts, client side and internally. Confident in communicating technical concepts to internal and external clients.
- Adaptable, equally happy to work on projects of all kinds
- Attitude of a team player, able to interact and integrate.
- Stays abreast with technological developments in design technology relevant to the company’s business area.
- A natural affinity with all things technical.
- Focus, has a strong need to achieve results, meet objectives, take responsibility and set high standards