• AutoCAD 2D
• Previous fit-out experience in a Commercial Office Interiors environment
• Experience surveying and drawing GA, Partitions, RCP, P&D etc
- Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
- Location: South East (outside M25)
Due to the level of design workload our client now requires a CAD technician to join their Design team, to assist Interior Designers with current and new projects.
This is an immediate start role
The Candidate will predominantly be working in 2D AutoCAD issuing drawing packages for design and fit-out projects for Commercial Office Interiors.
The design projects will be led by the Senior Interior Designer, or another member of our Interior Design team.
- Possibility of attending site to survey and issue full existing drawing packages including, GA, Partitions, RCP, P&D etc.
- Per project basis and if required; undertake furniture audits if client is retaining any existing items. Visiting site/ current offices to survey furniture and issuing a detailed furniture audit with descriptions / photos / quantities. This will inform the proposed design layouts and scheme design
- Drawing up concept designs in AutoCAD in 2D layout – working alongside Interior Designers to develop scheme based on client’s requirements
- Support the creation of complex and detailed design layouts of new and existing office space and furniture
- Working alongside the Furniture team to develop the furniture proposals to run in line with concept proposals
- Update Proposed and Construction drawing packages accordingly as indicated by client and Project Team consultation
- Issuing Room Data Sheets based on agreed design for Construction in relation to drawing package
- Move Management plans – based on agreed design / layout and as instructed by the Furniture team number sequence and phase plan
- At all stages, updating relevant drawing folders as illustrated in induction for staff / Project Team accessibility. Issuing of drawing packages once updated to all relevant Team and relevant project contractors / client.
This role will be based in Cambridge, near the Business park.
The job position would be generally office based, with potential requirements to visit site to complete measured survey on a per project basis.
Office hours are 9am – 5pm.