• Facade and Cladding
• AutoCAD 2D
• Previous experience with aluminium glazing/curtain walling (preferable)
• Previous CAD experience in a technical manufacturin environment
- Salary: £25,000 - £27,000
- Location: South West, Bristol
CADagency is delighted to be working with the UK’s leading aluminium glazing systems and bespoke aluminium extrusions supplier. They have over 300 members of staff and a 45,000m² purpose-built manufacturing, warehousing and distribution facility.
For this role as a CAD Technician you will be working in their established design department reporting to the design manager. You will have proven work experience with AutoCAD. This is a technical role and the ability to manage your time and work to deadlines is essential. Training and support will be provided for the right candidate.
Within the role you will be providing technical support to clients, resellers and customers and you will be expected to be proactive and personable. You will also be involved in the development and introduction of new products.
Previous experience with window/door/curtain wall fabrication would be highly advantageous but not required. Previous technical AutoCAD work experience is required. The ability to read drawings and technical manuals is essential.
On a daily basis you will be carrying out the following tasks:
- Produce technical bulletins and distribute to the marketing department
- Produce product drawings and maintain library (profile paint, rolling, mass properties, thumbnails etc.)
- Update existing and produce new technical manuals to assist fabricators in product selection and manufacture
- U value & mass property calculations.
Hours of Work
Mon-Thurs 8:30am to 5pm
Friday 8:30am to 4pm