• AutoCAD 2D
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word / Excel) and Microsoft Project or similar PM software
• Design based skills and understanding (AutoCAD / Revit / Understanding of BIM)
• Experience and knowledge in delivering large scale developments
• 10 years + experience within the build environment
- Salary: £54,000 - £64,000
- Location: North West, Leeds
CADagency is delighted to be working with a market leader in the property and leisure sectors. Due to on-going company expansion, we are assisting them in recruiting a Design Project Manager to be based in their Leeds head office. This role will be primarily office based with site based design and project management duties. Our client provide accommodation solutions all over the UK and Europe.
For this role, you will manage the physical ‘concept to completion’ development of new buildings. Reporting to the Head of Design and Projects you will be allocated to 1 or more projects and represent the companies interest as client. You will actively drive every stage of the project delivery focusing specifically on the effective management of third party consultants and contractor to deliver innovative, commercially viable, detailed, brand approved and accurate pre-construction and construction phase information. You will then be a key figure in the physical delivery of these projects on site ensuring all consultants and contractors activities are working towards the successful completion of the project.
Primarily, you will deliver new build or refurb accommodation or leisure developments from concept (stage 0) through to completion (stage 6). You will need to understand the companies requirements for each brand you will represent and the associated construction requirements that need to be considered and coordinated from appraisal / planning stage through to completion / handover to operations team on site.
You will be working as the ‘client point of contact’ and be expected to manage and coordinate all third party consultants (PM’s / QS’s / Architects / Structural Engineers etc) in relation to their appointment, fee, outputs, approvals and general on going activities.
Other daily tasks will include
- Provide effective knowledge, management and direction in relation to all statutory authority processes in partnership with third party consultants
- Provide effective knowledge, management and direction in relation to the pre-construction phase development / coordination as ‘client’
- Provide effective knowledge, management and direction in relation to the construction phase development / coordination as ‘client’
- Take lead ownership and responsibility for all facets of a project delivery from concept to completion up to and including the successful handover to the operations team
- Manage effective internal communications / reviews / approval and sign off with key ‘client side’ stakeholder and continually manage expectation
- Maintain and report accurate project programme reports in partnership with third party consultants and operation teams
- Continually access and direct consultant and contractor outputs in relation to quality assurance to ensure the very best service is provided.
Most importantly for the role, you will be required to have a wealth of experience and knowledge in delivering large scale developments and have worked within the build environment industry for at least ten years.
You will ideally have formal training or experience in construction design and architecture, ideally having worked for a period of time for a design consultancy. Previous experience in project management from concept through to completion of large scale leisure (hotel) or high end student accommodation developments if highly beneficial.
You will ideally have excellent skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel) as well as Microsoft Projects or a similar project management software.
Some design based skills and understanding would be beneficial to the role (AutoCAD / Revit / Understanding of BIM)