Our client has been established for over 30 years and provides specialist design and build fit-out services for workplaces. The design team consists of commercial interior designers and plays a key part in the office design and fit-out projects. Working closely with their clients, they have an amazing knack of creating workplace designs which impress and inspire. Based in Cambridge, they work with clients all over East Anglia (and sometimes further afield) and can help with office design, workplace planning and furniture supply.
You will predominantly be working in 2D AutoCAD issuing drawing packages for design and fit-out projects for Commercial Office Interiors with Guidance from the Head of Design and / or Project Interior Designer.
You will have the ability to complete accurate site surveys and issue full existing drawing packages including, GA, Partitions, RCP, P&D etc.
- Undertake furniture audits if client is retaining any existing items. Visiting site/ current offices to survey furniture and issuing a detailed furniture audit with descriptions / photos / quantities. This will inform the proposed design layouts and scheme design
- You will working alongside the Lead Designer to draw up initial concept designs in AutoCAD in 2D layout then to develop scheme based on client’s requirements with guidance from project Lead
- Working alongside the Lead Designer and Furniture team to develop the FF&E proposals to run in line with concept proposals
- Support the creation of complex and detailed design layouts of new and existing office space and furniture
- Update Proposed and Construction drawing packages accordingly as indicated by client and the Project Team consultation
- Issuing Room Data Sheets based on agreed design for Construction in relation to drawing package
- Move Management plans – based on agreed design / layout and as instructed by the client/Furniture team number sequence and phase plan
Finally at all stages, you will be required to update and manage the drawing folders as illustrated in induction for team accessibility. Issuing of drawing packages once updated to all relevant Team and relevant project contractors / client.
- You must provide examples of hand drawn sketches, drawing packages and have proficient AutoCAD skills and knowledge. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- You must have a minimum of 2 years commercial Interior Design experience
Candidates without commercial project experience and AutoCAD will not be considered for this role.
The job position would be generally office based (in Cambridge, near the Business park), with potential requirements to visit site to complete measured survey on a per project basis.
Monday – Friday
9:00 – 17:00
Based on deadlines flexible additional hours may be required.