• CATIA V5
• Solid Edge
• Previous experience in sales, purchasing or estimating would be advantageous
• Experience creating Bills of Material
- Salary: £22000 - £25000
- Location: Midlands, Birmingham
Since 1992 our client has been providing design, fabrication and project management services to the rail sector. They offer total support and aftercare for rail interiors, exteriors and parts and have developed a reputation of being a single source supplier to the rail industry.
They are now looking to expand their sales and design team and are looking for a CAD Technician with Design experience for the purpose of assisting with costs and respective bills of materials within products requiring quotation. You will be transposing 2D drawings or 3D models into information that can be broken down into elements for costing purposes. You will be working with Catia V5 which is the design software my client uses but experience with SolidWorks or SolidEdge would be considered and training would be provided.
An out going personality, can-do attitude is required for this role as you will be managing project timelines and ensuring the relevant departments have the information they require to provide accurate billing and costing information.
Previous experience in sales, purchasing or estimating would be advantageous.
- Liaise with the estimation department and receive design briefs and specification drawings
- Create and modify accurate 2D drawings and 3D models to reflect company parts and procedures
- Break down designs to individual parts and Bills of Material
- Ensure that the sales team have accurate product information and are briefed on individual projects
- Produce correct costing sheets for projects and pass on costings to the sales and purchasing teams
This role would pay around £22,000 – £25,000 but has expansion potential. The company offers annual salary reviews to ensure staff are paid inline with the engineering industry. You will be working in a busy manufacturing business with well established management structures. The company prides itself on offering staff training and ensuring staff are rewarded and happy at work. The internal teams work closely with each other and retain great working relationships.