• Facade and Cladding
• AutoCAD 2D
• Previous CAD experience within the manufacturing or technical detailing sector
- Salary: £24,000 - £27,000
- Location: Midlands, Wolverhampton
CADagency is delighted to be working alongside a design and manufacture company specialising in wall to wall interior solutions for the commercial, educational and health sectors. Their product range, consists of a wide variety of partitioning systems, including but not limited to, frameless glazing, aluminium framed profile, bi block hung panel, steel modular, bonded glazing, operable wall and fire rated systems. They also manufacture and supply a wide range of acoustic door solutions in both single and double glazed, along with sliding glass door systems.
Due to on-going high demand, they are looking to take on a CAD Technician with previous experience in the manufacturing sector.
On a daily basis you will be carrying out the following tasks.
- Create high-quality detailed technical drawings and plans based on designs supplied by architects and designers and make modifications to existing drawings
- Create detailed production instructions based on customer requirements
- Setup bill of materials/product structures for each project on company MRP system (training will be given)
- Create 2D/3D drawings, products/components/floor plans and elevations where required
- Support the Technical and Production Engineering Team to develop and prototype new products
You will ideally have the following experience
- Knowledge of engineering principles and ability to create and read technical drawings
- Experience using AutoCAD and Autodesk Fusion 360 is preferred
- Ability to transfer, display and manipulate your work using Microsoft Office
- High attention to detail to create accurate and detailed drawings and check other colleagues’ work for accuracy and quality
- Communication skills and relationship building to work with suppliers, customers, engineers and architects to understand and interpret their requirements
- Mathematical skills to complete calculations and estimates
- Spatial and design skills to be able to visualise projects in 2D and 3D