• 3ds Max
• AutoCAD 2D
• Experience of space planning, customer and manufacturing drawings
• Experience within furniture, joinery, upholstery or similar industry
- Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
- Location: South East (outside M25), Maidstone
CADagency is delighted to be working with a specialist in the design and manufacture of commercial furniture for challenging environments. Clients they work with include mental health hospitals, prisons and hospitals. Their extensive product catalogue includes chairs, tables, beds and cabinets.
There is a current requirement for a CAD Designer ideally with experience in the furniture or product design sector looking to take on a challenging but rewarding role with a company that offers an excellent work environment as well as excellent career prospects.
Reporting to the Head of Product you will be required to have experience using AutoCAD as well as Autodesk Inventor or SolidWorks. You will be creating Space Planning drawings, Customer Drawings and Manufacturing Drawings. You will be working alongside the sales team as well as other departments to produce 3D models, manufacturing drawings and client presentations.
- Must have experience of space planning, customer and manufacturing drawings
- Experience using Autodesk Inventor, & Auto-CAD (SolidWorks, 3dsMax would be an advantage)
- Experience within furniture, joinery, upholstery or similar industry
- To interpret sketches received into workable technical manufacturing style drawings including a B.O.M (Bill of Materials) as necessary, Customer Drawings and Space Planning layouts
- Creating rendered images as required
Specific Performance Objectives (including KPIs):
- To ensure all requests are completed and returned within agreed times
8.00 am to 4.30 pm with ½ hour lunch
- 20 days annually rising to 23 days after 1 year’s service (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Free lunches
- On-site free parking