• Structural Engineering
• AutoCAD 2D
• Understanding of flat roof waterproofing system construction
• Understanding of Industry Codes of Practice & Building Regulations
• Understanding of Part L & Thermal Calculations
- Salary: £22,500 - £28,800
- Location: South East (outside M25), Ipswich
CADagency is delighted to be working with a German, family owned business, specialising in the manufacturing of roofing materials. This role will be based in their office in Ipswich which houses over 160 members of staff currently. The company offers a full solution to clients all over the UK including Technical Advice, CAD/Design work, Product Support and Aftercare. The companies manufacturing capabilities are based in Germany with the UK office mainly over seeing the technical and project management.
My client is one of the only construction companies in the UK to be awarded Investors in People – Platinum and puts staff well being and management at the forefront of the business. The company culture originates from a strong family ethos with a wholly people focused culture. They truly believe their success is driven through people, whom are at the very heart of what they do. They place great attention to detail on recruiting the right person for the right role, and team fit is as important to them as skillset and capability. Candidates join for a career and not a job. They reward, recognise and develop the capabilities of their people and as a result enjoy high levels of engagement.
As a leading international manufacturer of building construction materials my client provides a complete technical roofing solution and package from inception to completion. Their flat roof systems are designed to provide a high quality, single source solution for every application. Whether green roofing to bitumen membrane, and from hot melt to cold liquid applied, right through to BauderSOLAR PV panels giving energy for sustainability.
This role offers an exciting and challenging opportunity to provide support to Clients and Area Technical Managers involving the production of technical drawings, survey reports and guarantees together with the checking and processing of specifications within a specialised environment. You will be technically minded and originate from a Construction Industry/Architectural background with a flat roof waterproofing system bias, have working knowledge of 2D AutoCAD, computer literacy and the ability to understand architectural drawings, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to communicate well at all levels are essential.
Outline of Responsibilities/duties
- Produce, check and process incoming specifications, drawings, roof survey reports and guarantees
- Liaison with clients and Area Technical Managers
- Understanding of flat roof waterproofing system construction
- Understanding of Industry Codes of Practice & Building Regulations
- Understanding of Part L & Thermal Calculations
- Team orientated approach – work as part of a busy, professional, integral team
- Dealing with telephone enquiries
- Checking and understanding specification construction and survey reports
- General administration
- Working knowledge of waterproofing systems and their construction advantageous
- A good level of spelling and grammar is essential
- Technically minded, logical and precise, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Approachable and diplomatic
- Excellent communication skills/ personable manner
- Basic level of 2D AutoCAD is essential
- Ability to work pro-actively both as an individual and as part of a team
- Computer literate
- Driven and motivated
Monday – Friday 09.00 – 17.00
- Life Assurance (7x Basic Salary)
- Income Protection Insurance (automatic inclusion following completion of 6 months service)
- AXA PPP Healthcare (following successful completion of probationary period)
- Pension Scheme
- Pension long service enhancement
- Training opportunities
- Social events
- Team building events
20 days increasing to 25 days on completion of 1 years’ service, plus all statutory bank holidays.