• AutoCAD 2D
• Interpret complex data including multi layered AutoCAD drawings and complex BIM models
• A good understanding of Level 2 BIM, CAD standards and Quality Assurance
• You will be required to convert 2D AutoCAD drawings into Revit models
- Salary: £31070 - £35240
- Location: London (inside M25), Lambeth
CADagency is delighted to be exclusively working with The Met Police who require a CAD & Space Occupancy Manager who will report directly to the Head of Building Information Management.
As a professional within a specialist BIM team, you will be responsible for maintaining the MPS’s 3D BIM models and 2D drawings whilst assisting in establishing procedures for effective CAD management. You will undertake 2D/3D design and drafting activities including preparing and updating proposed drawings for projects and general arrangement layouts. You will be responsible for overseeing the accuracy and maintenance of an up-to-date, detailed space record of the estate. You will manage space utilisation drawings of buildings in a consistent, effective and efficient manner and facilitate integration with other systems within the department and will be the first point of contact for space utilisation procedures, training, and problem solving/data analysis.
You will provide office layouts and space planning by visiting sites, surveying areas using laser measuring tools, making sketches and drafting proposed layouts, vital when in discussion with other business groups regarding estate changes.
You will liaise with construction project leads to provide property drawings and space information and ensure completed project drawings and space occupancy information is submitted upon project end. You will also quality check that all files adhere to CAD/BIM standards and maintain drawing records, making updates when changes occur.
- Produce spatial information in support of the MPS/MOPAC Estate Strategy, Government BIM mandate and legislative guidelines in relation to the office environment
- Create or amend Revit and AutoCAD drawings to specified standards
- Interface with an internal drawing management system and a Common Data environment to store, retrieve and make available drawings in a security minded manner under the direction of the MPS BIM team
- Prepare spatial information for supply chain consumption and process data from the supply chain
- Act as the main point of contact for all MPS as-built drawings
- Develop, Implement and maintain Level 2 BIM procedures complying with MPS BIM documentation and BIM standards
- It is expected that the role holder will be able to interpret complex data including multi layered AutoCAD drawings and complex BIM models
- A good understanding of Level 2 BIM, CAD standards and Quality Assurance
- You will be required to convert 2D AutoCAD drawings into Revit models
- You will be required to produce parametric library objects to replace standard AutoCAD blocks and merge existing 2D data with basic and more complex 3D models
- Experience of Autodesk Revit, 3D visualisations and 2D AutoCAD, with a good understanding of workflows between these applications
- Work closely with Property Services Facilities Management, Construction and IT to manage and maintain spatial information held within Property database systems
- Comfortable complying with procedures
- Able to work under pressure whilst conforming to procedures and paying attention to detail
- Able to work as part of a team and take ownership of their area and time, work with minimal supervision and manage your time effectively to meet tight deadlines within a demanding environment
- Good communication skills and ability to build relationships with colleagues and external partners (contractor, consultant representatives), via face to face contact, meetings, emails and written documentation on matters involving: property drawings, proposals, space planning, drawing updates and space utilisation analysis
- You will need a good working knowledge of Revit, production of layout drawings from a variety of sources including Raster PDF drawings, digitised plans, AutoCAD drawings, hand drawn sketches and pre-existing 3D BIM models. These will need to be developed to a CAD/BIM standard.
You will be required to complete and pass the Met CTC security clearance process. As this process takes a minimum of 4 weeks, (or six months for a higher level of clearance e.g. SC)