• Rights of Light
• AutoCAD 3D
• Previous experience within the Rights of Light sector
• Experience managing a CAD team
• Great communication skills
- Salary: £32,000 - £45,000
- Location: North West, Manchester
CADagency is delighted to be closely working with an independent firm of chartered surveyors and technical specialists. The company specialises in the Rights of Light and Neighbourly Matters sectors and are pioneers in the field of designing for daylight in increasingly dense cities.
With offices in London and more recently Manchester they are a true household name in their sector.
There is currently a requirement for a CAD Team Manager to oversee the CAD Team in Manchester. You will ideally have previous experience in the Rights of Light sector as a Design Analyst or at a minimum have excellent 3D AutoCAD Solid Modelling design skills.
You will be expected to create highly accurate and realistic 3D AutoCAD models (in solids) of development sites and surrounding buildings for use with in-house analysis software.
The team create 3D models of development sites and the surrounding properties and then use our specialist software to run various analyses to measure light.
The role sits between the CAD team members and the Surveyors, grasping the issues that face both teams, and devising workable solutions, procedures and workflow management to respond to the commercial needs of the business. You will also explore improvements for the use of technology in the CAD work and ways of adding more visualization to our output, both of which will help ensure we remain leaders in our field.
- To oversee and manage budget and schedules on all in-house and contracted-out projects
- To organize internal training workshops for ongoing team development and wider sharing of knowledge with wider surveying team
- To monitor individuals’ progress within team and carry out appraisals and salary reviews (in tandem with sub-team leaders)
- To have an overview of whole department workflow
- To look at team and wider Rights of Light department procedures and systems in relation to CAD work to ensure all running as smoothly as possible.
- To help ensure relevant information and briefing materials are being provided to CAD team by Surveying teams
- To advise and allocate all jobs in-house or out of house , as appropriate
- To ensure adequate quality management and checks are performed on all projects
- To keep Surveyors informed and ensure clear communication in all directions
- To bring any other new initiatives to the CAD and ROL teams, including PM suggestions, visualisation development and provision if/as appropriate.
- To liaise with Partners and IT Manager on hardware and software development and upgrades
- To occasionally work on project work – CAD modelling and ROL and D &S analysis to assist team workload
Skills and Software
- Project management/ workflow experience essential. Ideally in a few different environments
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD 3D – essential
- 3D Studio Max
- Other 3D and visualisation software
- IT systems experience ideally
Attitude and Aptitude
- Someone who can command respect and tactfully manage an established team
- Someone who can work under pressure and deal with deadlines and demands from clients and Surveyors
- Someone who is willing to work hard to achieve the project deadlines
The working hours will be 09.30 to 17.30 as standard but overtime maybe required dependant on department requirements.