• Civil Engineering
• Structural Engineering
• 5 years + work experience in a design role within the formwork, falsework, In-situ Concrete or Pre-cast Concrete industry
• 5 years + experience with SolidWorks
• 2 years + experience as an Estimator
• 5 years + experience as a team leader
- Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
- Location: South East (outside M25), Crawley
CADagency is delighted to be working with a specialist design, manufacturing and supplier of bespoke concrete construction products. Due to the company looking to expand into new areas, they are looking for a CAD Manager with some Estimating Experience to head up a small team of CAD Estimators in order to provide accurate quotations and CAD drawings of Bespoke Products. You will work closely with other departments within the business and form the main contact point with customers to ensure excellent customer service is provided throughout the manufacturing process.
You will be expected to be a confident team leader with a lead-by-example attitude. You will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate clearly and concisely. You will be communicating with Engineers, Customers, Architects and Fabrication staff on a daily basis and the ability to bring the best out of people is vital.
You will ideally be coming from the construction or building products industry and have at least two years experience with Estimating. Previous experience with formwork and falsework in either the Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, In-situ Concrete or Pre-cast Concrete is highly desirable.
5 years + work experience with SolidWorks is required and any work experience with Rhino is highly desirable.
- Development of each Project Design Brief, supplied to the team by the Project Design Consultant, into accurate CAD drawings and quotations, issued within agreed time frames
Review and approve the CAD and estimating output of the CAD Estimators to ensure the areas, volumes, times and other figures used to calculate overall costs are accurate and deliverable by the Operations Team
- Upon receipt of order, gain customer sign off for the design and then provide the Operations Team with a full set of production information including BOM’s, CAD drawings, customer information and delivery requirements
- From receipt of order, the team become the main point of contact for the customer and the CAD EM ensures the team provides excellent customer service by managing all project related issues and coordination with other departments as necessary
- Support the Internal Sales Team with CAD drawings for the production requirements of secured orders for Shaped Products
- Day to day management of the team including performance against agreed objectives, prioritisation of workload, HR issues and adherence to procedures
- Ongoing training to ensure the team continue to develop including technical knowledge, customer service, CAD and estimating skills
- Develop and maintain a design manual covering all standard finishes and design options including realistic tolerances, references to industry standards etc with all revisions recorded on an agreed version control system
- Develop and maintain processes that ensure costings used in quotations are accurate and deliverable by the Operations Team.
- Regularly produce a costing versus actual production analysis with lessons learnt and an implementation plan