CADagency is delighted to be working with a leading technology consultancy in the London. This is a great opportunity for a motivated AV CAD Engineer or Designer. You should possess a relevant qualification and AV/IT industry experience. There will be opportunity for training and development in this role. You will be reporting to the Projects Director.
Key skills and responsibilities:
Initially a CAD Engineering role leading to AV/IT Designer / Junior Consultant role for the right candidate.
Initial role – Technical / Design
- Possess thorough and comprehensive knowledge of Audio Visual and IT CAD Engineering
- Experience in creating scalable AV/IT CAD drawings and schematics in AutoCad (mandatory)
- Experience in creating scalable AV/IT CAD drawings in Revit (preferred but not essential)
- Experience in BIM Level 2 design (preferred but not essential)
- Experience with MS Visio, Stardraw (preferred but not essential)
Role development – AV/IT Designer / Junior Consultant
- Assist Consultants in the production of design documents including word reports and budgets
- Engage with Clients to establish clear AV/IT Briefs and technology requirements
- Provide input into technology strategy documents
- Project Manage appointed contractors through project delivery including approving design submittals, site inspections, final commissioning & acceptance and client handover
- Oversee contractor off site testing works and AV system programming
Ideally the candidate will have worked on office fitout, refurbishment or relocation projects and have exposure to RIBA work stages.
This will be a technically varied role with the chance to be exposed to some of the most prestigious construction/fitout/refurbishment projects across a broad range of market sectors.
The role will develop to include the preparation and co-ordination of AV/IT design documentation/drawings for the development of projects. It will also require project management skills both during design and implementation phases.
You will work within their Audio Visual and IT Consultancy Group and be based in their London office.
Anticipated Person Profile:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience demonstrating the ability to provide high quality CAD AV/IT drawings and schematics to clients.
- Proven track record of CAD AV/IT systems in areas such as commercial office buildings, hotels, high end residential, sports stadia, university campuses etc.
- Some previous experience in consultancy with exposure to projects in the built environment is desirable. Otherwise work with a manufacturer, communications provider or systems house may be acceptable.
- Strong interest in the opportunities presented by technology convergence and building infrastructure.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and strong critical reasoning. Team player whilst possibly looking for a more autonomous role with opportunity to learn new skills