CADagency is pleased to be working with a specialist Timber Frame manufacturer based in the West Midlands providing the design, manufacture and installation of Timber Frame, SIPs and oak structures for dwellings nationwide. Their expertise also extends to roof trusses/panels and engineered floors. All dwellings are constructed using high performance and thermally efficient materials. They can take a customer from the initial concept all the way through to detailed working drawings and completion of the timber frame project.
Due to on-going company growth they are looking to take on an additional AutoCAD designer to assist with the production of concept drawings through to manufacturing detailing drawings. For this role you will be assisting the project managers, sales team and estimators to produce concept drawings to help win projects and then liaise with estimators and clients to better understand the specifics of a project and create accurate manufacturing drawings.
You will be expected to come from a manufacturing environment and be highly competent with creating detailed timber manufacturing drawings on AutoCAD. Experience in the joinery industry would also be applicable as a lot of the design work is fixing details and timber on site joinery couplings.
- Design highly specified timber framed buildings within the companies portfolio of products
- Utilise AutoCAD and 3D software
- Provide manufacturing information to the factory, suppliers, customers and teams of installers in a clear and precise manner
- Undertake process and product development as the company expands and develops its markets. This will include product improvement and new product development
- Create planning application drawings to accompany planning applications
- Undertake occasional site visits that may be required on site to discuss projects in further detail