• AutoCAD 2D
• Familiarity with CNC turret punch cutting and Press Brake
• Able to demonstrable experience working with Sheet Metal fabrications
• Knowledge of CNC programming including punching and folding
- Salary: £18000 - £25000
- Location: North West, Eccles
My client has been established for over 40 years and specialises in the manufacture of sheet metal fabrications for the architectural and signage industries. Due to ongoing expansion, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced CAD Design Engineer to join their successful team in Eccles, Manchester.
For this role they are looking for a multi skilled CAD / CAM Designer and CNC Programmer with a high attention to detail and self-motivation. You will need to be able to read engineering drawings and have proven experience with in the sheet metal fabrication sector. Previous experience with Radan would be beneficial.
This role is based in a fast paced and busy manufacturing environment focusing on bespoke, one off projects and small batches with a fast turn around.
- Generate manufacturing drawings, flat pattern parts and nests for CNC turret punches using Radan software
- Liaising with colleagues on the shop floor to ensure components are suitable for manufacture
- Providing technical support to clients with regards to manufacturing and engineering drawings
- Site visits with Clients to provide technical support to create production drawings, extract the relevant information and produce layout and section details for customer approval
- Previous CAD experience essential
- Radan CAD/CAM experience desirable
- Familiarity with CNC turret punch cutting and Press Brake
- Able to demonstrable experience working with Sheet Metal fabrications
- Knowledge of CNC programming including punching and folding
- Ability to read technical drawings provided by customers
- Able to work as part of a team and use initiative to solve problems
- As this role involves working directly with customers, you will need to have excellent communication and problem solving skills
- The hours of work are 40 per week
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Christmas shutdown and excellent career progression and development opportunities