• Rights of Light
• AutoCAD 2D
• Working knowledge of 3D modelling using AutoCAD
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Salary: £26,000 - £32,000
- Location: London (inside M25), Lambeth
As specialists in the Rights of Light sector, CADagency is pleased to be working with a leading consultancy specialising in daylight, sunlight and rights of light with offices next to South Bank University. They work closely with Developers, Architects, Planners and adjoining owners.
A role has become available in the CAD & Technical Analysis Team for a Junior or Senior CAD Analyst.
For this role you will be required to create 3D models of existing and proposed buildings, liaise with Architects and the client’s design team to ensure the scope and accuracy of assessments, technical analysis of daylight & sunlight using specialist software, preparation of results and various drawings and rendered images for presentation within reports.
As a fundamental requirement candidate should be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of 3D modelling using AutoCAD. This will include working with various forms of base information, including; measured survey (topographical, elevation and/or point cloud information), Architects Drawings (plan, elevation and 3D models), Ordnance Survey and Photogrammetry.
You will also be required to manipulate data in excel (using basic functionality) and produce plots and renders from within AutoCAD to detail the output of analysis.
It would be beneficial if you have some previous experience/knowledge of rights of light and/or daylight and sunlight analysis. This will include the use of MBS analysis software (or similar) to produce the following core professional responsibilities:
- Registration of models for analysis
- Rights of light / daylight & sunlight analysis
- Daylight and sunlight assessment within a proposed development
- Sunlight Amenity assessments
- Light contour plot drawings
- Window map drawings
- Deed Profile drawings
- Envelope / cutback analysis
What is on offer
- A great place to work: our client is successful and you will be working with other hardworking professionals
- A company that celebrate success and reward commitment
- A meritocratic approach to progression with continuous learning & development
- Regular appraisals focusing on performance and development
- Bonus eligibility after one-year dependant on company and individual performance
- Private medical insurance after one year
- Pension: 3% employee and 2% employer, changing to 2% employee and 3% employer after one year’s service. Five years service and beyond: 5% contribution from employer
- Childcare vouchers
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holiday’s