CADagency is delighted to be closely working with an independent firm of chartered surveyors and technical specialists. The company specialises in the Rights of Light and Neighbourly Matters sectors and are pioneers in the field of designing for daylight in increasingly dense cities.
With offices in London and more recently Manchester they are a true household name in their sector.
There is currently a requirement for a CAD Technician at their Manchester office.
For this role you will be creating highly accurate and realistic 3D AutoCAD models (in solids) of development sites and surrounding buildings for use with in-house analysis software (training supplied). Must be able to manage projects while working to deadlines and within budgets, communicating regularly with Surveyors and Architects.
- To independently run modelling and analysis jobs
- To create 3-dimensional modelling of buildings and their surroundings for surveyors and their clients.
- Models usually relate to light-related issues and this requires particular detailed attention to window openings, room size and room height. Modelling perhaps from a measured survey, sometimes from architects’ 2-D drawings, with the addition of photos, site visits, overhead photography and whatever other information can be collated
- To generate 3D AutoCAD drawings
- To run analyses and compile results using bespoke software
- To calculate maximum development envelope and propose cutbacks
- To work to deadlines and within budgets
- To keep clear records of all above within company guidelines
- To regularly communicate with Surveyors and Project Manager on progress, who will then provide reports to the clients.
- Extensive experience using 3D AutoCAD
- A methodical and dedicated work ethic
Useful but not essential
- Knowledge of the building industry
- An understanding of how buildings are laid out internally
- 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, Revit
Standard working hours are 09.00 – 17.30.
A portfolio of 3D AutoCAD Solid Model drawings will be required.