Our client is a market leader in specialist and tailored construction products in the UK and around the world. They specialise in sealants, waterproofing, concrete repair, grouts and anchors, concrete admixtures and pipeline coatings. They are currently recruiting for a CAD Designer either at a junior or senior level. There is an opportunity to take on an experience concrete designer or a junior CAD Technician who has is looking for a challenging yet rewarding opportunity with great career prospects.
To be considered for the senior role you will have technical knowledge of the waterproofing construction practices and reinforced concrete. You will also be expected to have BIM experience.
To be considered for the junior design role you will be a trained draughtsman with a minimum City & Guilds AutoCAD qualification and a minimum 3 years experience in an architectural, engineering or design office as a draughtsman.
Objectives of the role:
- Create and Manage Product Data Sheets for BIM Building Information Modelling.
- Provide industry leading technical service and CAD support to the European specification sales force, Area Sales Managers, Engineers and Architects.
- Provide waterproofing technical advice to Technical Service Manager, National Sales Manager and UK sales force.
- Train sales force how to read engineers and architects drawings.
- Take waterproofing technical calls specifically regarding BS8102:2009 and Waterproofing Advice Centre.
- Fulfil role as NHBC liaison for BS8102:2009 requirements
- Liaise with external sources for required CAD details and support
- Support Technical Services Manager in presentation and running of waterproofing courses for internal and external clients
- Provide waterproofing technical advice for BS8102:2009 – CSSW Qualified