• AutoCAD 2D
• 3 years’ relevant experience in designing/drawing Architectural Metalwork
• Structural Steelwork e.g. staircases, balustrades, bridges, balconies
• ONC/HNC qualification
- Salary: £25000 - £30000 /dependant on experience
- Location: Midlands, Shrewsbury, Oswestry
Based in the West Midlands and with over 25 years experience in the industry, our client specialises in providing draughting services for the structural steelwork and architectural metalwork industries. They regularly work with companies throughout the UK and Ireland to produce projects of varying size and complexity. Currently they are working mainly on projects in London and the surrounding areas.
This role is to fill a vacancy that has arisen due to a heavy workload. For this role you will have a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in designing/drawing Architectural Metalwork and Structural Steelwork e.g. staircases, balustrades, bridges and balconies.
Coming from a fabrication background would be ideal.
The company currently uses Tekla and AutoCAD but plans on getting licences for Autodesk Advance Steel too in the near future.
- Liaise with surveyors and architects for plans and architectural drawings
- Model detailed and accurate 3D designs
- Amend Tekla models as per client request
- Create manufacturing drawings
This is a great opportunity to join an already established and reputable business.
There will be the opportunity for regular overtime. This is an office based role and contractors won’t be considered.