CADagency is pleased to be working with the UK’s leading specialist engineering company for the design, fabrication, installation and assurance of architectural, general, back of house and sheet metalwork, structural steelwork and architectural glass. With 25 in-house designers, manufacturing and maintenance teams totalling 170 they offer their customers a truly complete service.
Due to continued expansion and on-going projects they are currently recruiting for a CAD Draughtsperson to join its well-established, industry leading team, who are at the heart of producing and installing distinctive, purposeful designs for expansive new commercial and residential projects.
For this role you will produce General Arrangements ready for approval by our clients and preparing typical details and the bill of materials for our internal manufacture processing. Reporting to the Design Manager, you will be aware of the project’s programme and any specifications / constraints that should be included in the design pack. You will be working on a wide range of bespoke / proprietary architectural metalwork including (but not limited to); Balconies, Balustrades, Structural glass, Feature Staircases, Canopies, and Grilles. You will manage each project through production and execution.
Tender Feasibility Stage
- With direction from the Design Director produce CAD models and drawings of design concepts to be included in the Tender return pack
- Discuss design details with the Design Manager (and Contracts Manager when necessary) to produce typical detail for inclusion on GA drawings to be issued to our clients
- Produce clear, accurate and detailed General Arrangement Drawings in line with current company standards on 3D software
- Once drawings are produced and upon the relevant approval chain, fabrication drawings should be created for manufacture
- Create Bill of Materials (BOM’s) for issue to the administration department for the creation of JobCards
- Liaise with Design Office Administrator to validate and sign-off JobCard enquiries
- Provide as-built information for inclusion in the Health and Safety file
- A minimum of 3 years’ technical drawing experience in Structural Steel and Architectural Metalwork
- Extensive knowledge of SolidWorks or Tekla is mandatory
- A technical qualification in CAD design and technology
- Operational knowledge of SolidWorks PDM would be advantageous
- Experience with metalwork and glass manufacturing processes
- Practical knowledge of standard construction practises and site procedures would also be advantageous
- Knowledge of industry related British Standards
- Knowledge of Advanced Steel is advantageous, but not required
- Capacity to deliver efficiently under tight deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills and great attention to detail
- A great team player who has an easy going character
Mon – Fri: 08:00 – 17:00 (42.5hr week)
22 days + 8x bank holidays. Please note; 5x out of the 22 AL are reserved for the Christmas / NY break