- CAD Software: Radan 2D and 3D
- Experience: Experience with sheet metal tooling and design
Communicating with customers and working within a team
Using Radan both 2D and 3D
Experience using SolidWorks
- Salary: £25000 - £30000
- Location: South East (outside M25), Basingstoke
To provide a technical engineering service, utilising simulation software and CAD for both the Technical Engineering and Manufacturing Departments in a sheet metal precision fabrication environment.
- Customer liaison on the design of sheet metal work components and tooling for new and existing product.
- Design and draft production schemes in conjunction with the Technical Engineering Manager, utilising simulation / design software including Radan 2D (2013) Solidworks (2011) Draftsight (or similar AutoCad clone) A working knowledge of Radan 3D would be an advantage.
- Design and specify, in conjunction with Technical Engineering Manager, process parameters for new tooling production.
- Review all revised customers issued drawings and issue to the relevant areas within the company.
- To aid in the implementation and proving of designed processes
- To implement and maintain a comprehensive electronic drawing / program library.
- Provide technical support to Production.
- Keep abreast of new and emerging methodologies and technologies.
- Undertake effective planning and prioritisation of workload wherever necessary.
- Ensure that resources are used to optimum effect.
- Understand and operate in line with relevant legislation, Company policy and Company procedures.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships between yourself and others both internally and externally, wherever appropriate.
- Complete and maintain accurate, timely documentation and records as required by the business.
- Maintain the required standards of housekeeping.
- Support other teams and functions as required by the business.
- Undertake self-development activities as required by the business.
- Undertake any other tasks or duties as required by your line manager
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices operated by the Company.