CADagency is pleased to be working with a well-respected, long established, family run structural steel fabricator based in Bramley. Due to continued and prolonged growth, a position has developed for an experienced Structural Engineer to join the design team on a permanent basis. The company prides them selves in offering long term careers within a well-established small to medium size company
For this role you are required to be a Chartered Engineer with experience in the design of structural steelwork, although experienced Engineers approaching chartered status with 5 years steelwork design would be considered. You should also have an interest in costing of structures and project management. This is an immediate start position.
- Designing structural steelwork using software and by hand for contracts ranging from 5 tonnes to 1000 tonnes to both British Standards and Eurocodes.
- Designing simple and moment steelwork connections to both British Standards and Eurocodes.
- Designing cold rolled steelwork using manufacturers software.
- Liaising with Architects and main contractors during the design process and advising on potential design consequences and cost saving measures.
- Preparing tender designs for structures during tender stage.
- Developing tender designs into accurate tenders.
- Forwarding design information to both the in-house droughting team as well as external draughtsman.
- Attending design team meetings.
- Preparing estimates for alterations.
- Manage projects from tender to completion
- Ability to design hot rolled steelwork using software and by hand to British Standards
- Experience in steelwork connection design.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Experience of design and build tenders and contracts.
- Working knowledge of Eurocodes
- Project management experience
- Understanding of steelwork fabrication
- Experience in steelwork tendering + costing
You will ideally be a flexible and enthusiastic engineer with a minimum of 5 design years’ experience and at least 3 years structural steel design.
In return the client is offering a starting salary of £30-50k DOE plus benefits package including biannual bonus scheme, 25 days holiday, pension and professional fees.
My client currently has Chartered Engineers who would be able to provide the last few months sponsorship for any candidates who are about to sit their Chartered examinations/reviews in the next few months.