• AutoCAD 2D
• At least 3 years as a structural engineer
• Experience with curtain walling systems, rain screen systems, structural glass
- Salary: £35000 - £42000
- Location: North West, Altrincham
Our client is a leading roofing, cladding and glazing contractor for the commercial sector. They take care of the entire installation process, from design, through installation to ongoing maintenance and management.
They are now looking for a structural Engineer where you will be reporting directly to the Technical Department Manager, You will play an important part in the overall design solution for the envelope solution on tendered and secured work by means of calculation. You will be one of the key users of structural / windloading & thermal software with supporting 3D software providing engineering support to various projects and in-house design teams as well as estimating. You will be given support and training to develop in this role to provide a high level of support to the Technical Manager. You will be able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise your workload.
The key tasks associated with this role are:
- Produce structural calculations for curtain walling systems, rain screen systems, structural glass and other building facades in accordance with British, Euro Codes and US standards.
- Produce windloading assessments in accordance with British, Euro Codes and US standards.
- Producing fixing bracket and anchor calculations.
- Produce glass design calculations.
- Review with Design Teams/Estimators the structural aspects of projects that require an input and ensure that all projects comply with British and Industry standards, project specifications and good engineering practice.
- Review structural design issues with the Design Teams/Estimators.
- Assist the Estimating department by providing initial calculations at tender stage.
- Attend technical meetings with the project design / Estimating team if required.
- Gain an understanding of Blast Engineering
- Produce design calculations for secondary structure (in )
- Understanding of Euro-codes.
You will possess excellent IT skills, specifically: SCIA along with some knowledge of Master Series although not essential. (Other software we use within the Department is Revit, AutoCAD, Synchro, MS Office, Sketch-up Pro, Bisco and Trisco) You will be keen and willing to learn and develop in a supportive environment where a strong emphasis is placed on development and training. Good business communication skills will be essential along with a professional manner.