An ambitious structural engineer with experience of designing / value engineering steel structures including connections is required to join a leading design and build company based near Chichester providing canopies, walkways and inspiring buildings across a wide range of sectors. This is a rewarding role within a well-established company offering you long term career development.
As a Structural Engineer your role will be focused on leading the design office working on setting up a library utilising standard connections and using your experience to value engineer projects without compromising aesthetics / structural integrity.
You will also be expected to undertake design work to a commercial brief from order to completion under your own initiative with minimal supervision, and take responsibility for your own work.
Skills and experience
- Fully conversant with UK Eurocodes for structural calculations
- Proficient with structural design software for steel and ideally concrete foundations
- Proficient with AutoCAD software, Advanced Steel would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience in Steel frame building design, steel structures (typically 1-2 storey)
- Ensuring compliance with building regulations (e.g. requirements for fire protection and robustness)
- Detailing practice in steel and concrete from structural sketches up to the level of workshop drawings
- Have a minimum of a 5 years’ experience and hold chartered Status
- Other experience that would be an advantage would include experience of tensile membrane structures
- Great eye for detail, dynamic, and the ability to work to deadlines is essential.
- Highly motivated.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Structural Engineer to join a flourishing, friendly and progressive company that prides itself on new technologies and staff training.
Competitive salary, 20 days paid holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays.