• 2 years + experience in the manufacturing sector
• Technical aptitude in steel and timber fabrication
- Salary: £25000 - £30000
- Location: North West, Blackburn
CADagency is delighted to be working with a manufacturing company based in Blackburn. The company designs and manufactures street furniture within its onsite fabrication facilities. Their products range from outdoor seating, litter bins and planters to walkways, canopies and bollards.
Due to on going high workload there is a requirement for an additional SolidWorks Designer to develop and communicate the technical and visual aspects of the companies products. For this role you will also be required to manage projects and liaise with clients giving regular project updates and solving issues that arise along the way.
You will be working with both the sales and marketing teams of internal and external departments including the UK’s largest building contractors and leading landscape architects.
As the company has on-site manufacturing facilities you will ideally have previous experience in a manufacturing environment, specifying with materials such as steel and timber. These specifications will be informed by initial customer enquiry and evolve through GA drawings and rendered visuals through to a full manufacturing pack with an accurate BOM.
- Working knowledge of 3D SolidWorks (specifically Weldments, sheet metal and drawings)
- Experience with CNC machining and programming
- Technical aptitude in steel and timber fabrication
- Demonstrative experience in a high variation, low volume manufacturing environment
- Ability to communicate equally well with customers and technical staff
- Self-motivation in personal and departmental development
- Official SolidWorks certifications as proof of software proficiency
- In-depth knowledge of SolidWorks custom properties and parametric linking
- Exposure to SolidWorks Visualisation for creating high-quality rendered images
- Experience designing products for public spaces (street furniture, playgrounds etc.)
- Background in steel fabrication