Serving some of the UK’s most recognisable brands, our client is now looking for a Trainee Product Engineer with Solidworks skills to join their talented team.
Fostering a friendly and transparent working culture, our client offers the chance to gain hands-on experience working with internationally renowned retailers, contractors and financial institutions.
What’s more, you will receive fantastic training, as well as specialist support and guidance from senior staff to equip you with the tools you need to succeed in your role.
As a Trainee Product Engineer you will attain specialist knowledge in the manufacture of our product by interacting with, utilising and creating 3D design model files and drawings to develop and prepare files that can be profile cut by their Laser, routing and turret punch machines at their production facilities in the UK and Europe.
From the start, you will immerse yourself in their internal procedures and requirements, providing vital support to the Senior Product Engineer on a multitude of projects. Successful training can lead to further opportunity and progression towards a Technical Designer position.
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate an ability to maintain a consistently high standard of work and be able to thrive with the challenges of high volume and fast turnaround projects.
- Experience in the use of Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Experience in the use of Adobe Illustrator
- Minimum HND qualification in a Product Design, Engineering or CAD Design or similar
- Ability to develop 3D models & drawings using Solidworks
- Experience working to design standards set by others
- Ability to understand technical manufacture drawings
- A working interest in materials and manufacturing processes
- Understanding of Laser cutting, Turret Punching, CNC Routing, Welding, Fabrication and Assembly
- You should be able to demonstrate a proactive problem solving nature
- Be able to pay particular attention to detail
- Be positive, enthusiastic and able to work within a team
- Thrive under pressure and have a proven ability to meet deadlines