• Experience with joinery, acrylic or sculpting design
• Manufacturing background
- Salary: £25000 - £37000
- Location: North West, Halifax
CADagency is delighted to be working with a well-established manufacturing company, based in Halifax, specialising in the retail and event sectors. They design and manufacture bespoke retail Point of Sale, Internal Retail Displays, Bespoke Joinery Projects and Exhibition Spaces. With two onsite manufacturing spaces for CNC, 3D Milling, Hotwire and sculpture services as well as in house designers and installation team, they are able to provide a truly end to end service to the retail sector.
Due to on-going high demand they are currently looking to employ an additional SolidWorks designer to join the existing design team. For this role you will be creating one off projects for clients such as The White Company, Linda Farrow, GAP and American Golf.
You will be required to have experience with joinery, acrylic or sculpting design and have worked in a manufacturing environment previously. You will be working with a variety of materials including acrylic, wood and metal so previous experience working with multiple materials and an understanding of how they are joined is required.
As all manufacturing is done in house you will be required to liaise with other team members in the workshop so the ability to communicate clearly is essential. There will also be the occasional requirement to liaise with clients and contractors.
- Experience in the joinery industry with the ability to convert sketches into worktable 3D models and technical drawings for manufacture
- Occasional requirement to visit the clients site and undertake site surveys
- All drawings will need to be fully detailed and ready for manufacture in the in-house facilities
- The process will require you to create production drawings including converting SolidWorks files to workable technical drawings for CNC manufacture
- Liaising with the manufacturing department to ensure projects are being processed correctly and to within tolerances and getting management approval for drawings
- Once management has approved a drawing you will be required to make any amendments as necessary ensuring it is done concisely and in a timely fashion