• Furniture industry or engineering/architectural background
- Salary: £14 - £20 / Hour
- Location: South East (outside M25), Essex, Grays
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an individual that has the drive and ability . Working within one of the leading manufacturers of theatre and cinema upholstered furniture companies in the UK. Based in East London, the company founded in 1945 has achieved substantial growth in the last two years and forecast to continue.
To cover our SolidWorks professional taking maternity leave from January 2016.
40 hours per week Monday-Friday Days 8-4:30 pm. Required to work overtime and some Saturday’s during peak and busy periods.
Draw and record existing components. Update our extensive library of drawings, re naming & allocating specific part numbers.
Ideally experience from the furniture industry or engineering/architectural background, capable of producing 2D/3D drawings and models for manufacture. SolidWorks competent including Basic CAD skills, good organisational skills to keep everything “ship shape”, experience in manufacturing drawings, attention to detail.
To draw existing products – documenting new and old.
Ideally have some history or experience in furniture production but ultimately, think on your feet and quickly pick up what we produce and how we operate.
A desire to establish yourself as part of the team, realising that they can become a key member in the production team.
After gaining knowledge of the different standard parts of the chairs, you would be expected to move into a more hands on design practice. Briefs would be given on the appearance and restrictions of a chair and you would be expected to solve design issues and produce working drawing for the individual components – to be sent to suppliers/main factory for production, noting each part with its specific part number.
- Getting information
- Observing receiving and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources
- Production and technical drawings
- Organizing, planning and prioritizing work
- Making decisions and solving problems
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Developing constructive and co-operative working relationships with others, and encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members
- Documenting/recording information
- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form
- Processing information
- Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
- Clean working/quality conscious
- Hardworking and conscientious with a positive can do attitude
- Able to work as part of a team in a busy multi-cultural workshop