• Sheet metal sector
• Good understanding of the manufacturing process
- Salary: £25000 - £32000 /negotiable
- Location: North West, Oldham
CADagency is delighted to be working with a specialist sheet metal fabricator based in Oldham, Manchester. The company benefits from on onsite manufacturing facilities including CNC and punching machinery.
Due to recent expansion and company growth they are currently looking to take on a SolidWorks Design Engineer.
- Carrying out the design process and development for both new and existing products
- To supervise and oversee the designs through the factory, ensuring accuracy and quality
- To be responsible for preparing bills of materials for the manufacture of the designs and assemblies, including documenting of all part numbers and drawing references
- To liaise with shop floor supervisors to point out potential quality issues through production
- To create reports for potential pitfalls within the production process
- Interpreting customer ideas and preparing drawings and 3D models for manufacture, including all dimensions, tolerances, finishes and notes
- Assisting Senior Management with matters relating to product development
- To identify opportunities to reduce costs in the design, materials used and manufacturing techniques
- To provide feedback for continuous improvement of products and services
Your Experience / Skills
For this role you will be expected to have experience in the sheet metal sector and have a good understanding of the manufacturing process. Previous experience with SolidWorks and good interpersonal skills are required as you will be regularly liaising with other members of the design and manufacturing teams.
Experience with creating reports to outline production pitfalls would also be a distinct advantage as well as experience with creating bills of materials. Finally, you will be IT literate and proficient in all standard Microsoft programs.