• 6+ years’experience in an engineering design or product design role
• Knowledge of advanced manufacturing methods, including additive manufacturing and 3D printing technologies.
• High degree of 3D CAD skill, preferably in Solidworks or Inventor
- Salary: £42000 - £48000
- Location: Midlands, Derby
Our client provides consultancy to some of the world’s largest brands on all aspects of 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing.
They are now looking to recruit a 3D design engineer to support their growing international clients. This involves providing expert guidance to clients on how they can redesign their products to exploit the benefits offered by AM/3DP. As a Senior Consultant specialising in 3D Design, you will be responsible for working directly with clients across all vertical market sectors to understand the engineering challenges associated with their products and to create new designs that are optimised for AM/3DP.
As a Senior Consultant with responsibility over 3D design you will:
- Design and optimise products for AM/3DP as part of our consultancy projects
- Take ownership of entire work streams within projects, liaising directly with clients to deliver high quality projects that meet their needs
- Lead ideation sessions based around product redesign for AM/3DP
- Lead the creation of reports and presentations for clients on all aspects of product design
- Support junior members of the consulting team by providing guidance and mentoring
Qualified candidates will have:
- 6+ years’ experience in an engineering design or product design role
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Excellent CAE skills including:
- High degree of 3D CAD skill, preferably in Solidworks or Autodesk
- Experience of preparing & repairing STL files for 3D printing
- Knowledge of simulation software eg. Ansys
- Knowledge of advanced manufacturing methods, including additive manufacturing and 3D printing technologies
- Willing to travel on a national and international basis
- Current authorization to work in the United Kingdom on a full-time basis. This employer will not sponsor applications for work/student Visas.