Our client is a leading global business services provider focused on modular space, secure portable storage solutions and workforce camp accommodations. With offices in North America, Europe, Brazil, New Zealand and the United Kingdom, the company manages a fleet of more than 310,000 units, with operations in 37 countries.
The company’s legacy is grounded in its reputation for exceptional customer service, effective management of business operations and consistent product innovation. Our clients global presence combined with its local market expertise provides exemplary service tailored to meet the unique needs of customers throughout the world.
Their UK operation operates a network of around 45 branches and depots locations where accommodation and storage units are prepared for rental or sale and are refurbished as required.
Their Off-Site Solutions is an innovative design and build company with a reputation for delivering high quality value for money solutions across a variety of market sectors. Their success is founded on the way we deliver design and build projects by challenging the norm, finding innovative ways of working and utilising modern methods of constriction to deliver innovative design and delivery solutions for our customers.
Production of technical design drawings using AutoCAD, Inventor and Revit in accordance with Building Regulations and education and health codes of practice.
Main organisational relationships
The successful candidate will assume role as lead designer working as part of a team to provide full design package for a wide variety of off-site volumetric projects. As dictated by the specific project, the candidate may be required to lead a team of designers and external consultants to achieve the project goals.
Operational roles and responsibilities:
- Manage design risk and monitor its mitigation through design Risk Assessments
- Ensure that Group Standards and Quality standards are complied with
- Production of detailed design drawings and information
Functional roles and responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise in client and design team meetings
- Ensure best value in design to meet and increase the profitability of the project
- Develop innovative and cost effective designs to meet the project objectives
- Lead design team including management of external consultants as required
- Prepare detailed material schedules as required
- Ensure design is compliant with legislation
- Coordinating design information between supply chain
- Liaising with supply chain, customers and consultants
Key criteria of success
Success in a 6 months will include:
- Producing detailed customer and working drawings
- Managing workloads to meet programme objectives.
- Coordinate design drawings with contracts team
Success in 1 year will include:
- Responsible for overseeing all design drawings from inception through to completion and produce as built information.
- Produce accurate design information for the each of the contracts
- Ability to manage workloads against the contract objectives
Requirements (background, experience, language):
- Good communication/presentation skills
- Working well as a team and on own initiative when necessary
- Capable of meeting deadlines
- High level of drive, energy and initiative, entrepreneurial, resilient, proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, with high standards and achievement orientation
- Good team player
- Good attention to detail
- Able to think fast on your feet
- Experience and expertise in Modular Building design
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD, Inventor and Revit systems
- Knowledge of materials/construction methods
- Knowledge of Building Regulations & British Standards and how to apply them
- Experience within the System Building Market would be extremely useful
- Ability to produce computer generated visualisations would be an advantage with a working knowledge of 3D StudioMax/Photoshop
- Demonstrable track record working in Off-Site industry (volumetric).
- Knowledge of Education and Health related Regulations / Codes of Practice.
- You will be HNC qualified in a building related subject as a minimum