• AutoCAD 2D
• Design and Build fit out experience
• Creative and design lead experience with hotels, education, office fit-out and retail / leisure
• Architectural awareness and understanding of building regulations
• Workplace transformation, spaceology and creating exciting work-place environments and cultures
- Salary: £40000 - £55000
- Location: Midlands, Nottingham
CADagency is delighted to be working with a Design & Build, fit-out company based in Nottingham. My client currently employs 120 people with 12 members of staff in the design team and three CAD designers. There is currently a requirement for a new Senior CAD Designer coming from a D&B fit-out background. For the role you will ideally have around 6-8 years technical experience in a creative / design environment with an architectural awareness and understanding of building regulations.
An important aspect to the role is your requirement to oversea the Junior CAD Designers, you will be expected to possess management skills and the ability to assist and manage a team. The company is focused on providing their clients with consultancy and design trends focused on workplace transformation, spaceology and creating exciting work-place environments and cultures so you will be expected to have a variety of different project sectors in your portfolio including but not limited to hotels, education, office fit-out and retail / leisure.
The role will be a client facing role so it is essential for you to have out-going and have a customer focused attitude.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Interior architecture expertise covering all aspects of Design and Build
- Experience of creative problem solving across office, hospitality and retail/leisure preferable
- Full knowledge of the design and construction process across RIBA workstages
- Demonstrable experience of taking design detailing through to implementation
- Management of drawing issue and revision control protocols
- Ability to develop full technical and detailed design packages, using efficient construction methods and compliance with building control legislation
- Planning application experience expected
For the role you will be expected to work with AutoCAD as well as Revit. You will also need to be able to work with 3D visualisation.
The role will primarily office based in the Nottingham office but there is the opportunity to work from home a couple of days a week subject to workload and requirements. You will also need to visit client offices and sites on a regular basis. The business offers flexible working hours too although the core business hours are 08:00 – 16:00.
Candidates living and commuting from Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool, Leeds and Birmingham will gladly be considered as many of the projects are based around the North.
Company benefits include an excellent work environment and a proactive management team. Holiday entitlement is 23 days plus bank holidays. You are also entitled to up to 4 “duvet days” a year depending on workload. The company culture is upbeat but performance and target driven.