Our client in an architectural practise that specialised in new build and refurbishment project for petrol station forecourts.
Each petrol station has different requirements, some requiring extensions, facade, new forecourt shops etc.
The intention is to employ a competent person initially to carry out with others a programme of work involving:
- Securing Planning permission for proposed shop building re-imaging, shop extension, partial or complete fuel station rebuilds
- Detail design work for these projects
- Project management
- Site visits so as to provide preliminary advice to produce a satisfactory solution for development
- Working with the Quantity Surveyor preparing budget estimates and ongoing cost updates
- Advising on need for surveys, including environmental reports
- Providing design risk assessments and collating information for the health and safety file
The current workload includes a rolling programme of 190 PFS sites requiring part or all of the above services and four PFS 250 sq.m. Convenience Store developments together with other smaller scale developments.
It is appreciated that the nature of the work will involve an initial learning curve although the ability to produce drawings using AutoCAD and understanding construction, building regulations and health and safety legislation is an essential requirement.
The person employed will be able to take on responsibility for the organisation and management of the rolling programme including resources required to meet programme deadlines, subject to a mutually satisfactory 6 month probationary period.