My client is an industry leading Global Service Provider specialising in security systems for some of the largest and most technologically advanced public companies in the world. They help their customers to establish security standards, implement project controls, generate construction drawings and install and configure systems. Mainly designing and maintaining on enterprise access control, video and intrusion systems, you will be working on truly innovative systems with the world leader in security solutions.
They have design offices both in the UK and in Silicon Valley and designers can enjoy working as part of a truly global team. The company also prides itself with offering staff long term career paths and focuses on investing in people.
You will be designing and drafting complete security systems on direction of project managers. For this role you will ideally have some work experience in the security industry designing low voltage systems. Experience with structures cabling, Relay logic design and IP networking would also be highly advantageous. We will also consider candidates with a broader experience in low voltage systems such as electrical, HVAC and M&E.
- Develop “Dots and Spots” device layout plans
- Develop complete point to point wiring diagrams for security systems
- Develop Bill Of Materials
- Develop security device / sensor mounting details
- Develop door elevation details
- Develop panel and rack elevation details
- Develop cable schedules
- Prepare close-out “as-built” / Record drawings
- Update Global Drawing Request Log
- Ensure that electronic files on server are filed according to the corporate filing standards and corporate file naming conventions
- Communicate and collaborate with Project Managers to ensure project scope and requirements are captured correctly
- To work in compliance with the Company’s Health and Safety standards and requirements with the safety of yourself and others in mind at all time
This role requires you to work within a structured team, so a team player and a designer to encourage a company culture is required. You will be highly professional with a positive mindset towards taking on highly complex issues.