Our client is a highly regarded company that focuses mainly on roofing, cladding and building envelopes.
They are looking to take on a Quantity Surveyor with, ideally, a degree in Quantity Surveying. You will have experience in working as a Quantity Surveyor for a main contractor or a specialist contractor and if possible, in a related sector of the industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- providing commercial support to Design and Contract Staff;
- preparing valuations for interim application for payment including variations;
- preparing final accounts and contra charges;
- preparing sub-contract enquiries and order documentation;
- re-measurement of Bills of Quantities;
- preparing cost budgets and prices for contract variations;
- preparing subcontract valuation and payment certificates;
- preparation of contract claims information;
- evaluating/selecting subcontract tenders;
- checking material sizes and quantities for procurement;
- setting up and maintaining contract files;
- reporting of contract accounts to Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager;
- ensuring contract cashflow is maintained;
- preparing turnover and profit forecasts;
- carry out tasks as assigned by the Commercial Manager or Area Manager from time to time. This will be in accordance with the level of training skills and abilities which the job holder has or indeed achieves.
It is also important that you have high standards of numeracy, oral and written communication skills and that you are able to demonstrate a capability to organise and prioritise workloads effectively and on your own initiative. Membership to a professional body is desirable but not essential.