• AutoCAD 2D
• Must be professional qualified; MCIOB, MRICS, MICE
• Must have a demonstratable record mobilising and successfully delivering projects of this size and scale.
• Must have strong commercial acumen and good working knowledge and understanding of NEC 3 contracts
• Experience working in Off-site manufacturing would be desirable, but not essential.
- Location: Midlands, Worcester
The Project Director is immediately required to work on a large scale design and build contract, to design and install over 1200 ensuite bedrooms using off-site manufacturing over a 2.2 year contract. The accommodation blocks will be used to accommodate engineering staff and workers on the one of the largest construction contracts in the UK.
As Project Director, you will lead the project and project teams, reporting on progress as required. You will be an active member of our clients Off-Site Solutions senior management team. You will ensure that the clients objectives are delivered in a timely manner, in accordance with our clients Contractor’s Proposals, Quality standards, and KPIs.
This is a fast track project whereby you will have to demonstrate a proven track record leading and mobilising projects in excess of £45m. From design, construction through to completion and handover, that are task and deadline focused.
- Lead point of contact and management for our client, carrying out an instrumental role in nurturing and developing client relationships, and managing the customer experience and journey.
- Responsible for managing job profitability, undertaking regular WIP reports, cash flow and CVR forecasts and reporting in line with project budget commitments.
- Managing and updating the project risk register and reporting project risks, mitigation plans to the OSS senior management team.
- Provide leadership and direction to the design, project and manufacturing teams and attend key Client and internal management meetings as required.
- Line Management of employees, including management of employee productivity and performance.
- Promote and foster a strong team culture and open and transparent communication within our clients Off-Site Solutions team.
Service Delivery, Technical Skills and Task Management
- Provide direction to the design, manufacturing and site teams as required and ensure compliance with our clients Off-Site Solutions Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Management systems, including the client’s site instructions, Construction phase Health and Safety Plans and other specific codes of practice relating to the security of the site.
- Ensure contract GANNT charts, activity schedules and risk register is aligned and regularly updated and assessed against the contract programme. Produce and update resource histograms to demonstrate capacity against the contract programme.
- Ensure the project interfaces are managed and coordinated effectively between our client and other onsite contractor’s.
People, Leadership and Teamwork
- Ensure professional control of high-pressure situations as required.
- Demonstrate decisiveness and presence when dealing with colleagues, within the remits of your role.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of both our clients Off-Site Solution’s and our clients policies, procedures, and practices and comply with these.
- Be a clear communicator with staff assigned to you in all situations and ensure that queries are dealt with in accordance with Company protocols and Mission, Vision and Values. (MVV).
- Ensure that one-to-ones and team meetings are carried out and that communication of key messages from the Off-Site Solutions business is delivered correctly and appropriately to all staff.
Job experience & skills requirements
- Must be professional qualified; MCIOB, MRICS, MICE.
- Must have a demonstratable record mobilising and successfully delivering projects of this size and scale.
- Must have strong commercial acumen and good working knowledge and understanding of NEC 3 contracts
- Experience working in Off-site manufacturing would be desirable, but not essential.