Our client is looking for a production/materials controller for its expanding business in Birmingham. The successful candidate will be responsible for the flow of materials through the production facility, ensuring that production operatives have the correct quantities of materials/components and information delivered to them on time at the correct location to achieve on time deliveries.
The successful candidate will require /demonstrate the following attributes.
- Grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- Stores experience
- Experience working in an assembly /manufacturing / industrial environment
- Excellent PC skills-excel & word
- Strong networking, influencing and communication skills
- Demonstrate adherence to procedures and processes
- Progress chasing and logistics planning from new order receipt through to final despatch providing additional support to the production team
- Understanding of Bills of material
- Reliable with a strong work ethic
This role will be like an internal customer order project manager and progress chaser. You will also be required to keep an eye on new orders that have been placed – working with production planning & production team, answering to the Production director.
- 8am to 4.30pm Monday-Thursday
- 8am to 1.30pm Friday
£19,000 – £21,000 per annum