- CAD Software: AutoCAD 2D & 3D
- Experience: 3 years+ experience as Façade designer
Previous work experience in an Estimating and Bid Management team
Ability to produce 2D and 3D AutoCAD drawings for tender submissions
- Salary: £40000 - £50000
- Location: Midlands, Peterborough
Our client is a market leader in the aluminium curtain walling, window and multi material façade industry. With a wealth of experience and a strong financial position, They offer clients, architects, developers and main contractors a single source of high specification products, from pre-planning and concept design right through to installation and ongoing maintenance.
We are looking for Pre-Construction Façade Engineer. This is a mid-level position, reporting to the Estimating Manager. Our client is willing to offer development and training with CWCT at Bath University.
You will assume general responsibilities for the façade design for the tender submission, inputting into a wide range of projects and pro-actively contributing to the growth of Façade Design and Engineering capabilities.
This includes responsibility for all design, documentation, administration and compliance with project constraints undertaken for facades, structures and interfaces. You will also need to fulfil legal responsibilities commensurate with your position.
The following is an overview of responsibilities and performance standards required of you.
- Provide façade engineering, design and build-ability assessment, including material knowledge and installation techniques.
- Working as part of the Estimating and Bid Management team to strict and often challenging timeframes.
- Provide detailed engineering calculations and thermal, structural and acoustic analysis as required for tender submissions.
- Coordinate with client consultants such as architect, structural, and acoustic engineers to determine best façade design outcomes.
- Provide design sketches and reports are required for schematic, design development and constructions phases of projects.
- Produce 2D and 3D AutoCAD drawings for tender submissions.
- Work as part of a team on assigned projects including attending, site meetings, and design workshops as required and/or as project planning stipulates
- Assist with preparation and coordination of expressions of interest, tender submissions and similar consulting proposals
- Provide high quality client service delivery in relation to outputs produced for both internal and external clients in accordance with our clients quality technical standards
- Liaise with other staff, project teams, associated consultants and clients and assist in building and maintaining relationships with all of these.
- Produce detailed handover documentation at project award for the project design team.
You are possibly a Graduate Engineer, Façade designer or Junior Engineer but wish to progress to the next level. You’re intuitive and creative with a keen mind for maths, science and problem solving. You will need to be comfortable to work both on your own and as part of a team. Using your creative, positive and flexible attitude to find solutions.
- On-site parking
- 22 days plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme
08.00 – 17.30 Mon-Fri