• AutoCAD 2D
• Experience with boundary mapping/party walls
• Experience with site surveys
• Experience with 2D AutoCAD
- Salary: £24000 - £25000
- Location: London (inside M25), Waterloo
The Party Wall & Neighbourly Matters department provides advice to owners of land who are intending to carry out redevelopment works. With their projects being concentrated in dense parts of Central London, the precise position of a boundary and ownership of boundaries walls is continually being questioned. Our client provides a service of carrying out research in to historic maps and legal documents to enable them to provide definitive advice over the ownership of land and any particular easements over it.
The primary role for the candidate is to provide the technical AutoCAD skills to produce drawings illustrating the boundaries and easements. With existing experience or through on the job training, we would like the role to evolve for the candidate to be autonomous in being able to carry out their own research and provide their own advice to clients.
- Using AutoCAD (2007-2013 versions experience needed) to create CAD boundary plots defining boundaries between 2 historic buildings
- Creating AutoCAD 2D drawings to illustrate any further constraints to a redevelopment project
This will include
- Analysing topographical land surveys and measured surveys
- Carrying out site inspections to review existing buildings and boundary features
- Sourcing, analysing and reviewing any available historic maps
- Sourcing, analysing and reviewing HM Land Registry title plans and registers
- Reviewing and interpreting historic deeds relating to land ownership and boundaries
- Meeting with the client’s project team to analyse the boundary conditions with Architects and structural engineers.
This is a varied and interesting role and whilst the core skill required is for AutoCAD expertise, there are elements of site work and research in to the history of London and historic legal agreements that may go back 150 years. For the right candidate, there are also opportunities to develop new business within the existing client base for which a suitable remuneration package can be provided.