• Adobe Suite
• AutoCAD 2D
• Previous work experience in a creative design role
• In-depth understanding of the manufacturing process
• Previous work experience liaising with clients on a creative brief
- Salary: £23000 - £28000
- Location: Midlands, Tenbury Wells
Our client is a privately owned business employing 200 people with plants in Tenbury Wells, Worcestershire and Leeds, West Yorkshire manufacturing and supplying PET preforms, containers and caps to the UK food and drink markets.
For this role, you will be working as a CAD Designer within our clients Technical Service & Development Group. You will be developing concepts for new products right the way through to creating prototypes and liasing with clients regarding finished products. This will include; problem solving, free hand drawing, the use of design software, the creation and testing of prototypes including the use of 3D printers. Full training will be offered to the right candidate including external courses.
This role will be ideal for a creative and enthusiastic individual who also has the ability to think practically about design and product use.
- Experience in AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Photoshop CS
- Have a good understanding of engineering principles
- Minimum GCSE or equivalent in Engineering and or Science, A-C grade
- Must be a good team member
- Demonstrable creative abilities
- Excellent communication skills