Our client is a leading global business services provider focused on modular space, secure portable storage solutions and workforce camp accommodations. With offices in North America, Europe, Brazil, New Zealand and the United Kingdom, the company manages a fleet of more than 310,000 units, with operations in 37 countries. Their UK operation operates a network of around 45 branches and depots locations where accommodation and storage units are prepared for rental or sale and are refurbished as required. Their Off-Site Solutions is an innovative design and build company with a reputation for delivering high quality value for money solutions across a variety of market sectors. Their success is founded on the way we deliver design and build projects by challenging the norm, finding innovative ways of working and utilising modern methods of constriction to deliver innovative design and delivery solutions for our customers.
The purpose of this role is to
- Provide technical expertise to the client to safe guard its position in the market place and adhere to the company’s high quality and safety standards.
- Effectively manage specifying team to successfully deliver volumetric hire and sale projects from inception to completion.
- Develop new products, refine and enhance existing standard designs to suit client and regulatory requirements
Roles and responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with regulations and company standards
- Ensure that health, safety and quality standards are met
- Manage design risk and monitor its mitigation through design Risk Assessments
- Manage the design team balancing available resource to meet the needs of new and existing projects and sales enquiries.
- Provide technical backup and expertise to operations and contracts departments.
- Provide technical support and expert advice during bid submissions
- Undertake process of continuous product development.
- Maintain and update standards library
- Actively promote and develop company BIM strategy.
- Effectively manage specifiers, CAD technicians and support staff to provide first class service to all internal and external clients.
- Provide product design and technical support by liaising with all internal departments, sister companies and external suppliers as necessary.
- Develop innovative and cost effective new products, designs and modifications of existing fleet to increase utilisation and growth in the market.
- Review and provide expert advice to the management team on technical suitability of new products, materials and methods of construction, transport and installation.
- Manage system of technical Non Conformity Reporting (NCR) and effectively instigate root cause analysis to remedy any issues at source.
- Liaise with supply chain, customers and consultants as required.
You will need to have the following characteristics:
- Experience and expertise in modular building design
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Good numeracy and computer skills
- Good knowledge of materials/construction methods
- Outstanding knowledge of appropriate statutory Regulations and British Standards
- Demonstrable track record working in volumetric industry.
- You will be HNC qualified in a building/design related subject as a minimum
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor and or Revit would be an advantage
Success in 6 months will include:
- Familiarisation of all products.
- Successfully manage available resource to meet the needs of the business
Success in 1 year will include:
- Full product database developed and up to date
- Design processes and systems fully implemented and managed
- BIM strategy completed and implemented
Success in 3 years will include:
- Fully involved in development of new and modified products
- Full working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor with completed library of fleet products