- Experience: Experience in the construction industry
Able to read and understand complex CAD drawings
Previous experience as an estimator
- Salary: £35000 - £45000
- Location: North West, Leeds
Our client is a leading global business services provider focused on modular space, secure portable storage solutions and workforce camp accommodations. With offices in North America, Europe, Brazil, New Zealand and the United Kingdom, the company manages a fleet of more than 310,000 units, with operations in 37 countries.
Their UK operation operates a network of around 45 branches and depots locations where accommodation and storage units are prepared for rental or sale and are refurbished as required.
Their Off-Site Solutions is an innovative design and build company with a reputation for delivering high quality value for money solutions across a variety of market sectors. Their success is founded on the way we deliver design and build projects by challenging the norm, finding innovative ways of working and utilising modern methods of constriction to deliver innovative design and delivery solutions for our customers.
You will be required to review incoming enquiries, establishing the full scope of works, identifying both items of in-house manufacture and subcontract specialist services, liaising with Sales to resolve queries
- Liaison with external suppliers and Subcontractors over identified services ensuring that the services that they are offering are compliant with our clients needs, where not clearly identify and qualify.
- Qualify bid with any necessary risk items and exclusions/qualifications.
- Produce an accurate estimate of cost for each individual project from the estimate system/drawing and/or template creating and sourcing special non-standard prices and entering onto the system to develop the database for future use. Estimates created using Excel. Apply margins and ROI’s in accordance with the companies pricing policy.
- Produce specification (Word) and presentational information to compliment the drawing and estimate.
- Liaise with internal departments such as Purchasing, Development, Electrical over their relevant areas of work, as well as subcontractors for quotations for non in-house items
- Attend in-house & external project meetings as necessary, to enable the successful and cost effective running of enquiries.
- Be mindful of deadlines and achieve where possible but keep all involved informed of any delays.
Success in a 6 months will include:
Functional estimator capable of pricing low and medium complexity projects
Success in 1 year will include:
Functional estimator capable of pricing low, medium and high complexity jobs
Success in 3 years will include:
Capable of becoming a lead role in complex jobs with potential to become a senior estimator
- Good communication/presentation skills
- Working well as a team and on own initiative when necessary
- Capable of meeting deadlines
- Recognised building qualification ONC, HNC or degree would be an advantage
- High level of drive, energy and initiative, entrepreneurial, proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, with high standards and achievement orientation
- Good team player
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT is advantageous
- Good numeracy and computer skills
- Knowledge of materials/construction methods
- Knowledge of Building Regulations & British Standards and how to apply them.
- Experience within the System Building Market would be extremely useful
Some travel will be required