CADagency is delighted to be working with a multi-disciplinary engineering client whom specialise in the transportation and energy industries. With over 400 highly experienced designers, engineers, architects, planners and project managers employed in the company they work on some of the UK’s largest infrastructure projects.
Due to on-going high demand and a shortage of Technical CAD Staff there is an immediate requirement for up to four Microstation Technicians. With offices in York, Manchester, Birmingham, Reading and Bristol the roles can be based in any of their offices. To be considered for these roles you will be required to have proven experience in Rail Infrastructure as well as experience working to BIM Level Two and be able to work off Point Cloud Survey Data.
- Responsible for the production of schematic, general arrangement and detailed drawings in accordance with the relevant standards and procedures
- Ensure quality of delivery when producing or updating CAD drawings to internal and/or customer standards
- Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions
- Communicate and collaborate with CAD technicians from other disciplines, other consultants, etc
- Provide technical mentoring to junior members of the CAD team
- Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of their own work and the work of junior CAD staff under their supervision, in accordance with company QA procedures
- Where required, take responsibility for the registering and document control of incoming information and outgoing deliverables
- Where required, take responsibility for maintaining drawing records, such as check and record file copies
- Achieve the targets agreed with the team leader/professional head regarding the effective production and delivery of drawings to current engineering and CAD standards, within agreed timescales
- Contribute towards the solutions to technical problems