CADagency is pleased to be working with a specialist MEP design and installation company based in Derby. They currently offer services for Plumbing & Heating, Air Conditioning and Ventilation, Gas, Renewables and Under Floor Heating working throughout the UK for Blue Chip Clients in the Commercial and Residential Sectors.
There are currently 15 members of staff in the company with 2 mechanical designers. It is a small close-knit team and staff regularly attend social events together.
Due to on-going high demand there is currently a requirement for a MEP CAD Technician with a Mechanical Biase. You will ideally have 3 years+ experience within the mechanical services sector. You will be expected to have experience using AutoCAD MEP and AutoCAD. They also have a licence for Revit and any experience with Revit would be highly beneficial. MEP Design skills would also be beneficial.
- Receive marked up drawings for mechanical and public health services designs for buildings, and produce CAD drawings from those mark ups.
- Produce amendments and revisions to CAD drawings.
- Produce full as built drawings
- Issue and log full drawing registers
- Modelling and co-ordination of MEP services i.e. ductwork, pipework, cable tray etc. using Revit MEP and AutoCAD
- Create and amending families of Revit MEP Objects/tags/annotations.
- Create legends & schedules.
- Create templates for each discipline/sub-discipline.
- Undertakes site surveys
- Undertake other duties as required by the M&E and Sustainability team to ensure timely and accurate production of information to clients
- Relevant M&E or Design qualifications, HNC in Building Services Engineering or similar would be beneficial
- Work experience with an M&E Consultancy or Contractor in a similar role
- Fully IT literate
The working hours for this role are 08:00 – 17:00 Monday – Friday. They are willing to offer flexible working hours dependant on personal circumstances. There is on-site parking and most members of staff commute up to 20 miles.