Our client is one of Europe’s leading suppliers of contemporary bedroom and storage furniture. They design and manufacture multiple ranges of furniture from their spacious modern office and factory in Sheffield.
Due to expansion, they are looking to hire a junior product designer to help develop their furniture ranges in accordance with the company’s philosophy and line of products.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- The design and development of the company’s products and product lines
- Help develop new products from concept stage through production, including concept design, testing, prototyping and manufacturing
- Participate in product life cycle management, updating and retiring existing product lines, as well as developing new products, as elaborated above
- Ensure that high quality standards are upheld and maintained across all lines
- Close coordination and cooperation with the manufacturing teams both in Sheffield as well as in the Far East
- Implement cost savings and minimise inefficiencies wherever possible, ensuring that quality remains high
You will need to have the following:
- A degree in product design or similar
- Proficiency in SolidWorks and the Adobe Creative Suite
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience in a product development role
- An understanding of consumer requirements
- An interest in keeping up to date with developments in design
- A familiarity with materials and manufacturing processes
- Ideally experience working with Far Eastern manufacturers
This role would be perfectly suited to a recent graduate with one or two years experience, either following their degree, or undertaken during a work placement in the middle of their university degree.