CADagency is delighted to be working with one of London’s largest and most well established joinery companies. With an excellent reputation and a close relationship with their clients’ our client has been first choice in London when it comes to bespoke joinery for over 60 years. The joinery factory has been developed and extensively re-equipped to create a modern and efficient manufacturing and specialist bespoke joinery division. Traditional and modern methods of fabrication and finishing are carried out at the company’s extensive workshops. This is the largest facility of its kind in Central London. This is a new role specifically designed to manage the demands of our clients in a more competitive, professional, cost effective and timely way.
An experienced Joinery CAD technician/estimator is required to take responsibility of all CAD drawings from initial contact with the client, to achieving approval and eventual contract delivery. The prerequisite of this role will be to produce computer designed drawings for the client’s approval. Although only expected to form ~ 30% of the role, the ideal candidate will also have experience of and be proficient at estimating. The role also requires that the individual comes from a joinery background and has experience of a range of joinery related skills such as bench joinery, computer controlled machining or installation. The suitable candidate would also need to demonstrate evidence of dealing directly with clients and site surveys both pre and prior to the installation.
This really is a multifaceted role and a real opportunity for someone wanting to develop their existing skills with a growing and established joinery firm.
CNC machine/programming experience required.
The successful candidate:
- Be able to create a library of joinery details that may be reused and adapted to each project in line with the joinery design, approval and construction time lines
- Must have an experienced and proficient estimator
- Must have the experience and ability to be able to design joinery so that it is productive in manufacture to ensure the build team are productive in their time and in relation to the budget and the quality is as the clients specification
- Must have experience of CNC machining or related computer programs
- Experience of a range of project sizes from small [circa £3k] to £1M+
- Compiling a schedule of required works, RFIs, management of their expectations, OM manuals etc.
- Must have some practical Joinery Experience [bench joinery, machining etc.]
- Experience of management reporting
- Experience of work scheduling
Hours: 45 hours a week
Benefits: Private medical scheme, qualifying pension scheme