• AutoCAD 2D
• Previous experience in a technical CAD role (essential)
• Previous experience in a joinery CAD roles (advantageous)
- Salary: £28000 - £33000
- Location: North West, Stoke-on-Trent
My client is the market leader in the supply and installation of joinery and associated products to construction companies in the UK. They are currently expanding their CAD team and require a CAD technician ideally with experience in the joinery industry to join their team in converting either Designers / Architects design intent drawings (or sketches) into worktable technical drawings for joinery manufacture.
You will be required to carry out technical design work using AutoCAD. All drawings will need to be fully detailed & laid out on cloud software for Client review.
The process will require you to create production drawings including converting CAD files to DXF for CNC manufacture, uploading files to cloud based software for client inspection and approval and getting drawing signed off by management. Once the client has approved a drawing you will be required to make any amendments as necessary ensuring it is done concisely and in a timely fashion.
You will be coming into a busy and professional office, you will have deadlines for the work you undertake so you will be required to manage your own time effectively. You will also be liaising with other members of the team such as project coordinators and the manufacturing department.
Finally you will also be required to update in house templates / blocks library / layouts etc. in any time not spent directly working on clients projcts.
- Relentlessly Proactive
- Prioritise and organise, taking a methodical approach
- Self motivated, enthusiastic with a high standard of personal performance
- Flexible and reliable
- Ability to use own initiative
- Present information clearly, concisely and professionally
- Attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Communicator & motivator with ability to communicate across all levels of seniority from the workface through to Senior Management level
- Can do’ attitude to work